The flight management of the Atran air cargo carrier (part of the Volga-Dnepr group) sent a letter to the pilots warning them about the suspension of flights due to lack of access to spare parts.
“Given all the sanctions imposed on Russia, we have been blocked from accessing all the resources of a normal and safe existence as an operator of the B737 (Boeing 737). Negotiations with the lessor did not lead to anything. The transfer of an aircraft (aircraft) across the Republic of Armenia (re-registration in Russia) is also assessed as an unsafe operation of the aircraft with high security risks. As a result of the foregoing, Atran LLC is forced to suspend all flights, as well as the operation of the aircraft as a whole,” the letter says.
The company also announced a 10% reduction in the headcount of all services and departments (“initially”). The remaining 90% will be sent on vacation. “At the end of the vacation debt, the employee will be forced to go not on simple, but on administrative leave, that is, without pay,” Atran specified.